Thursday, October 12, 2017

Air Quality



Good Morning Crocker

It was difficult for everyone yesterday not having outside time during lunch and I am sorry that decision needed to be made. I wish I could be optimistic about today’s recess and lunch time, but sadly the air quality is starting out worst today than yesterday. Therefore, I am planning at this point in time for an indoor recess and lunch time.

I am open for students to be outside after 2nd period and before 3rd; however, not to play games on the blacktop unless the air quality improves. I will make an announcement before recess as to the status of the air quality.

Unless things change drastically, you will need to eat your lunch in the MPR, PAR, an available classroom, or Club ED room 20. Teachers who are willing to have their classrooms open for lunch please let me know so I can announce the rooms on HTV.

You will need to stay in your selected eating area until the bell rings. At that time you may go to the Library, Lecture Hall, Computer Lab, Club ED room 20, other available classrooms that are announced on HTV, or stay in the MPR and PAR rooms.

I am so sorry to have these restrictions. Bottom-line the decision is about your health. Keeping you safe and healthy while at school is a top priority.

Let’s also keep a healthy perspective …we are only dealing with residual smoke when many, many, many families are grieving great losses due to the fire. I think we might take some reflective time during our inside time to think about how we can help the families who have been most affected by fires.

Thank you!

Dr. Adams